Following the instructions of the Ministry of Tourism, ‘Kalypso/Theros houses’ is implementing a new health protocol. The Protocol includes the development of an Action Plan and the development of a Suspected Case Management Plan. The aim of the Action Plan is to prevent the occurrence and effective management of suspicious cases in order to limit the exposure of staff and guests, always in accordance with the current guidelines of the National Public Health Organization. The Action Plan complies with the recommendations of the National Public Health Organization and will be revised according to the developments.
The measures described in the Action Plan and the Suspected Case Management Plan are meant to protect our staff and guests and to outline the necessary measures to prevent and protect against COVID-19 disease.
These measures include:
Individual Hygiene Measures & Personal Protective Equipment
Kalypso/Theros houses have taken measures to implement good personal hygiene practices in the workplace and oversees their continued implementation. Specifically:
- Staff and third parties are informed and encouraged to comply with good personal and respiratory hygiene practices (hand washing – cleaning, nose and mouth covering during coughing or sneezing, etc.).
- Appropriate facilities and required materials have been provided to employees and appropriate mechanisms for hand sanitization have been installed in each house, close to the entrance.
- Staff have been supplied with the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), in accordance with the special instructions of the National Public Health Protection Committee.
- The adequacy of PPE stocks is regularly supervised.
- Staff have been trained how to safely use their Personal Protective Equipment and their proper use is being supervised.
- Third parties entering the hotel being supervised and informed to exercise social distancing and to use Personal Protective Equipment.
- Staff have been informed and trained on the COVID-19 suspected case management plan.
- Staff have been informed and trained on specific cleaning instructions in the event of a suspected COVID-19 case. Specifically:
- The person is asked to remain in their room with the door closed.
- Is immediately given a simple surgical mask and tissues.
- If a companion wishes to stay close, a simple surgical mask is provided to them and a recommendation is made to wash hands meticulously after each contact and not to touch their face.
- It is forbidden for staff members to enter the room and only one member of the staff deals with the guest’s requests.
- Used personal protective equipment is discarded in a closed rubbish bin.
- After the disposal of the protective equipment, hands are meticulously washed.
Accommodation File and Event Book
- For purposes of public health protection, we keep a record of staff members and all guests staying at the resort (name, nationality, date of arrival and departure, contact details such as address, telephone, e-mail), so that it is possible to track all the people who came in close contact with an identified COVID-19 case.
- All General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) are adhered to and all guests and staff are informed that records are kept for the protection of public health.
- The hotel records and updates an Event log book COVID-19.
Host, welcome assistant and Housekeeping staff
- Each member of the houses staff strictly adheres to the basic protection measures against COVID-19. In particular, employees practice the following personal and respiratory hygiene practices:
- Frequent hand washing with soap and water for at least 40 seconds, before and after contact with money or guests’ items, before eating, before and after work breaks, after a visit to the toilet and careful hand drying with disposable paper towels and disposal in bins.
- Covering nose and mouth during coughing or sneezing with a tissue or the inner part of the elbow.
- Disposal of paper towels or other personal hygiene items used to disinfect work surfaces in a closed bin.
- Avoiding shaking hands and close physical contact, keeping a distance of at least two meters from colleagues, guests or third parties in all workplaces, hotel rooms and rest areas.
- Avoiding touching the front of the mask or face shield.
- Avoiding touching of face with hands.
- Informing the health officer in case of:
-illness or symptoms relating to COVID-19 infection or contact with a possible or confirmed case.
- Staying at home in case of illness and informing the health officer.
- Returning to the workplace only if the laboratory test is negative and after 14 days after close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case.
When requested,’Kalypso/Theros houses’
- Informs visitors about the accommodation policy and the measures taken to deal with any incidents,
- Provides useful information about health providers, public and private hospitals, COVID-19 reference hospitals and pharmacies in area and
- Provides Personal Protective Equipment.
- Provision of special equipment (medical kit) in the event of a COVID-19 case, such as gloves and disposable masks, antiseptics, cleaning wipes, apron, long-sleeved robe, laser thermometer.
- Training of staff to recognize guest symptoms and report them directly to the Health Officer.
- Provision of hand sanitizer.
- Implementation of electronic check in / check out procedures to reduce waiting time and overcrowding. Credit cards are deposited in a special box for use by the receptionist and antiseptic is provided for disinfection after use.
- Disinfection of key cards.
- Check-out until 11:00 a.m. and check-in from 15:00 pm. During the time between each check-in and check-out between different guests the room is cleaned, thoroughly disinfected and adequate natural ventilation of the space follows.
- A program of rolling staff arrivals and departures has been implemented to avoid congestion and to ensure social distancing.
- Non-residents are forbidden from entering the rooms.
- Guests are requested to park their vehicles in the private parking area.
- The housekeeping staff uses simple surgical masks, gloves and disposable waterproof robes.
- Once the Personal Protective Equipment has been removed and disposed of in a closed bin, hands are thoroughly washed with soap and water.
- All hard surfaces are cleaned and disinfected with disposable cloths / fabrics or cleaning paper and sponges with detachable heads.
- Discarded equipment is treated as a contagious contaminant and discarded in special bags.
- 0.1% sodium hypochlorite is used after cleaning with a neutral detergent. For surfaces that are likely to be damaged by the use of sodium hypochlorite, we use ethanol at a concentration of
70% after cleaning with a neutral detergent. As an extra measure we use certified biocide liquids for the safety of our staff and guests.
- Thorough cleaning and good room ventilation is applied during the period between stays.
- The proper operation of dishwashers and washing machines in terms of the temperature used and the dosage of detergents is regularly monitored.
- When using disinfectants, the space is well ventilated. Splashing and spraying during cleaning and disinfection is avoided. In the event of a confirmed COVID-19 case:
-All surfaces and objects that may have been contaminated are washed and disinfected according to the above instructions.
-Housekeeping staff uses a simple surgical mask, gloves and a disposable waterproof robe.
-Touching of the face with hands is avoided.
-After the protective equipment has been removed, it is properly disposed of and hands are thoroughly washed with soap and water.
- Discreet monitoring of guest symptoms.
- Housekeeping services will not be provided during a guest’s stay unless otherwise indicated by the guest during the pre-registration process or check in. Should these services be requested, guests are informed that they must leave the room before the housekeeping staff can enter in order to avoid overcrowding. Turn down service is provided only under special circumstances and after a formal request at the reception.
- For departures, 2 protocols apply:
-Normal cleaning and waiting 24 hours before the room is available to a guest or
-Meticulous cleaning – disinfection of the rooms and bathrooms for same day use.
- Decorative objects have been removed.
- Commonly used multi-purpose items such as menus, magazines etc. have been removed and can be found in the houses site.
- A special disposable cover is placed on the TV and air conditioner remote controls after disinfection.
- Fabric surfaces are cleaned with a steam device (temperature> 70.).
- Doors and windows are opened daily for natural ventilation of spaces.
- Hand sanitizers have been placed in all bathrooms.